Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 27 November 2020

Sunny.

A crisp cold day that gave us a clear view across to the Llyn Peninsula. 
My morning was spent collating all the information I've amassed on the various bits we need to complete the kitchen, utility room and toilet. I prefer to look at things rather than just buying on-line but we're limited here. No B&Q or Homebase (cheap and cheerful with a lot of choice) or Wickes which I use for on-line but we do have Screwfix and Jewson's and a local builders' merchant. Lots of flicking back and forth between websites to compare sizes and prices and I'll make the final choices the next time go into Aber.
With it being such a lovely sunny day Peter and I went out for a walk at low tide.

At the end of the walk I collected more sticks for the Christmas tree and brought home a stone to use as the base. That's if I'm successful drilling a hole in it for the metal rod. Rootling around in rockpools I came across this alien spacecraft/fishing weight. I left it perched on top of the bin at the top of the slope down to the beach. One of the fisherman might want it.
While we were on the beach Peter had a text from the kitchen fitter saying he had the replacement doors and would be round at 5.00 to fit them. This he did and fitted the last bits of board above the cupboards and below the oven housing. As an extra he's going to make some shelves out of the leftover worktop and an open cupboard for glasses. Looking forward to that. Since the kitchen was occupied Peter bought fish and chips for our supper.

I also finished the first of my Christmas craft projects, I used my felting skills and kind of doodled with colour.




 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I'd love to take a walk along the shore line. It's been many years since I've done that.