Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 21 November 2020

Wet.

Grey and wet all day long. Peering through the window this morning I was greeted by the sight of a lone surfer, he was quite skilled and was riding the waves sideways. At the same time, about 8.00, a young man clad in shorts was doing sprints with his dog. He'd walk down to the post at the bottom of the garden and then run fast back up the hill and then do it all over again. Later in the morning a lone kite surfer was out travelling far out into the bay. All day the rain blocked out much of the view and I couldn't even see to the end of the village.
While Peter carried on emptying the utility room I opted out and had a fun time writing my Christmas cards. Delving through the box of cards I came across these cute postcards I'd saved. They've now been added to my cupboard door collection. It would be possible to buy Christmas cards in Aber or even at our local Co-Op but I was happy to sort through my collection of January sales cards bought not last year but in the years before when W H Smith's and Tesco's had some bargains. My penchant for sparkle and glitter has now left a gentle shimmer across the tablecloth. Just a shame that stamps are so expensive or I'd have an even longer list. As it was I had a pleasant time choosing cards for my friends and family. I'm going to send my cards early this year, or at least try. I think people are starting Christmas early to counteract the gloom of the pandemic. The shop already has its Christmas tree up. Also it means I can send out our new address though our post is still being redirected.
Later in the afternoon the rain eased off enough for me to go for a walk and pick up some vegetables from the shop. At least it eased off until I got on the beach when even my Navy watch coat failed to protect my legs or at least the seaward side. I'd thought that just having a six inch gap between my wellies and the coat would only have left my knees exposed but somehow I got home with a very wet leg. Better start hunting for the waterproof trousers. The beach was surprisingly busy with surfers both in the water and up on the shingle.

That's the heap of ropes now tied to the railings. The line of brown seaweed shows how high the tide has been recently.

1 comment:

happyone said...

You got a nice early start on your Christmas cards. I still have to buy mine.
My rain pants get a lot of wear. They are good in the snow too.