Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 1 November 2020

Wet.

A grey, very wet day but with a warm southerly wind.
After breakfast, which now is always eaten at the table, I got as far as putting on my gardening clothes before I realised that the break in the rain was over and it was too wet to go out. Unless you were a surfer that is. Six surfers spent all morning catching the big waves being stirred up by the stormy weather. A couple of kayakers were also out but not for so long.
Being unable to go out my mind turned to finding something useful to do indoors. First task was to try and get rid of the last bit of limescale from one of the toilets which I was mostly successful in using a garden cane to scrape away at the limescale. It's such a shame about the colour of the toilet (and sink and other fittings) which is a pale avocado. All the range in the 70's but I can't bring myself to keep it even though otherwise it's an excellent quality make. Nope, a new white loo it will be.
The next job was to see if I could salvage the bedroom curtain pole which I'd messed up with my repair. Fortunately, with the use of a hacksaw and pliers it's now ready for a second repair attempt. Sometimes my rush in and use whatever I have to hand method isn't the best.
The latest lot of venetian blind samples came yesterday and from four 'white' samples we chose a slightly warmer white for the sitting room window. Peter gave me a hand to measure up the window, three measurements for each of the width and height and I put in the order. Dispatch time isn't for 17 days but I want to see what the blind is like before ordering for the bedroom as they are quite expensive. 
The rest of the afternoon was spent either reading at the table or on-line looking for useful things like curtain pole brackets.
Now we're preparing supper before we watch Strictly. We like to record and watch the show and the results together (that's how they're filmed anyway) so we'll eat in front of the tv. Otherwise we'll be fast asleep before the results.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Some of those colors from the 70's are pretty bad. What were we thinking. We had that green in our first apartment!!