Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 18 November 2020

Windy.

Lots of rain in the morning followed by a windy afternoon.
My back wasn't too happy after yesterday's efforts so I tried not to overdo things today. I emptied a few more boxes into the cupboards and shifted the big pine cupboard along. I had to put a reminder post-it on the bottom of the freezer door because in my attempt to level the fridge freezer I unscrewed the foot too far and couldn't fit it in back in securely. I've since put a piece of wood under the freezer as well to stop it suddenly tipping and gouging a hole in the floor.
Peter went into Aber this morning for an appointment with the chiropractor to sort his back out. It was quite a bit more expensive than the chiropractors in Barnstaple but I guess that's what happens when there's less competition in a much smaller town. He also took along a magnet so that he could buy some saucepans that will work on the hob. Yesterday I offered three redundant saucepans and two frying pans for free on the local FB page and a lady is collecting them tomorrow evening. They're for her son who is just setting up a new home.
When Peter got home I went and did lots of washing at the launderette. Then followed an ironing session while watching episodes of Grand Designs. Incidentally the situation with the lack of builders has got so bad with so many people wanting work done during lockdown that there was a long item about it on Radio 4's You and Yours.
It's been very windy today. By the end of the afternoon the wind was whipping up the waves all across the bay. Earlier I'd had fun trying to put out the recycling. I had a number of flattened cardboard boxes to put out which I attempted to lean against the garden wall but they kept blowing away up and down the road, even the big bag of recycling with which I attempted to hold them down with blew away. One box went flying down the road but I was able to pin it down before it went over the cliff. I solved the problem by putting the boxes sideways where the old porch had been. Duh. The recycling men spotted them, I was worried they wouldn't, and they also left me a food caddy. This was after I'd chased after them last week and explained that the council said they weren't giving out caddies because of covid. A nice bin man said he'd try and get hold of a caddy for me and there it was. Thank you to the nice man.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice to hear of the nice man. :)
We've had some really windy days too. Makes me laugh when it pushes me along.