Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 14 November 2020

Kitchen - Day Three.

We're getting there. Today saw the oak worktop installed, hob fitted but not wired in, most of the handles on and the hole cut for the sink. The worktop still needs  another oiling before it's screwed together. As it was going in I had to decide; how much overhang to leave at the end, what sort of curve for the corners (went for a discrete rounding off rather than a big curve which I felt would be adding another element to the overall design) and what type and how much of a curve along the long edges (just a tiny curve). The top corner cupboard door was damaged so we have to wait for a replacement. As we're not putting in lights under the top cupboards I didn't see a lot of point of putting in the pelmets but will keep the pieces stored in case we change our minds. The fitter is careful and tidy and very easy to get along with. He's going to use up the left over panels and oak to make the spice rack by the side of the hob and some shelves down the side of the larder. Only one more day and we'll have a sink plus I can start putting things in the cupboards. 
I had another couple of sessions out in the front garden though rain stopped my play both times. After one heavy shower there was the end of a big fat rainbow coming up from the beach which looked like somebody was shining lasers up into the sky. I couldn't get to my camera as I was making a cup of coffee for the fitter at the time. With storms blowing in there was a lot of swell and eventually surf which must have pleased the surfers. 
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Kitchen is shaping up nicely. I love a white kitchen - nice and bright and clean looking.