Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 30 November 2020

Grey.

Grey and much colder today. Poor Peter was woken in the night with knee pain which signalled the start of another arthritis flare-up. Keeping warm, taking plenty of medication and rest with gentle movement should hopefully see this over in a few days.
In the meantime I wrapped up and took myself outside to finish off those slabs. Next steps are to weed through the small raised bed, transfer the bulbs that are growing there and then move all the soil into a neat! pile so that the wall for the first raised bed can be built in time for the rubble from the demolition of the bay window to be put in the bottom. That's the plan anyway.
I hadn't been outside long when I heard a bang from the road. A vehicular type of bang, not loud enough for a collision (so I thought) more like a wing mirror thump. When I went out I could see that a fancy looking VW convertible coming from the opposite direction had hit this parked car causing a significant amount of damage. Can't see how this could of happened as there are no cars on the other side of the road and the parked car which belongs to one of the carers looking after my neighbour, was up on the pavement to keep it out of the way. The driver was a young(ish) lady and her car had some damage to the front corner.
I planned to post off the first of my Christmas cards today and buy stamps for the rest but when I got down to the Co-Op I found that the Post Office counter is only open in the mornings so I'll have to go back tomorrow. That doesn't detract from the convenience of having a Post Office a few minutes walk down the road and a post box literally across the road. 
Naturally any trip to the shop is an excuse for a walk on the beach. In front of the lifeboat slipway the beach had been levelled out and the stones moved presumably to make launching the lifeboat easier.
Hardly anybody on the beach today and nobody in or on the water. For me, being outside, so long as I'm protected from the elements, gives me such a mental boost. Who cares about lockdown when you can go down to the beach everyday? Peter was not so thrilled to hear the announcement that along with a lot of other venues pubs and restaurants will not be allowed to sell alcohol and have to close at 6pm. That surely spells closure for the pubs for who is going to go to the pub for a coffee or soft drink (apart from me)? This will be reviewed on the 17th of December. No wonder people are beginning to fall for conspiracy theories. 
I think this blurry photo looks a bit like a painting.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

So sorry to hear of Peter's painful knee. Hope it feels better real soon.
Maybe the car accident happened because she was on the phone.