Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 26 November 2020

Dry.

After all the excitement of finding the right window film for the kitchen windows last night I made one final check .......... only to discover that the one I'd chosen was the kind that sticks on the glass forever. I'd been planning on the type of film that sticks by static  and can be peeled off  easily. More searching and it looks like the choice is between horizontal straight or wavy lines with clear lines between. Nothing like as nice but much cheaper.
This morning I headed into Aber to do some shopping and go into the bank to pay for the last two skips. I have to smile at the skip company, a small local firm. They send us an email invoice but it comes without any bank details for paying the bill. I have to find those details from my folder.
When I got home the man from the windows company was here. This time it was to talk about the porch. I'm not filled with confidence as he wasn't sure about some of the details of my plan. First he said we couldn't have tiles because building reg's would stipulate a metal frame even though we have the tiles (bought plenty of extras to match the roof as they were hard to find) and they are really light. Especially compared to glass which is the alternative he proposed. Also he wasn't sure about having brick or block work around the bottom, something to do with needing a cavity wall. I guess that's because it's easier to make a unit with a plastic panel on the bottom. Not only do I not like the look of  plastic panels I think we need something sturdy to withstand gales force winds blowing in from the sea. While he was here I asked him to look at the front door lock which I felt was a bit tricky to lock at night. After all that door and lock were very expensive. He tried the door and yes there was a problem and he would arrange for someone to come and sort it. A chap who has been here before came round very quickly and now it locks easily. We had been beginning to wonder if we'd made a mistake using this firm despite the various recommendations we'd had. I won't go into details but chatting to the chap who sorted the door many of the problems seem to be due to a couple of individuals who had personal problems/ were inexperienced and are no longer working for the company. At least they've been very prompt in sorting out any problems.
Despite the vast number of herbs and spices we have Peter put three more on today's shopping list of which I was only able to find oregano in Lidl. But look how small an amount there is in the jar. Okay it was only 35p but what a waste of a glass jar. I'd much rather have paid more and got a full jar.
I spent the afternoon doing some Christmas gift crafting so can't show the results of my work. Instead here are a couple of photos from yesterday.

 

No comments: