Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 11 November 2020

Clearing the Kitchen.

Most of my day has been spent clearing the kitchen ready for the fitter tomorrow. But before I got on with that the unruly bush was too annoying to not be dealt with. So much so I left half my mug of tea under a tea cosy, geared up and went out armed with the loppers. Next door's blinds were drawn so I could have walked up into their drive but not after yesterday's refusal. Instead I hung over the top of the bush and got the biggest branch with the loppers plus a few more. Then I cut them up and worked on turning the big pile of branches into a smaller pile of small branches. That done I returned to my cuppa which was warm enough and enjoyed my breakfast porridge. Only to spot more branches that had been held down by the largest one but were now flapping about. I've just been out again (5.00) in the garden and chopped those branches off. A few fell down before I could hook them back my way but that's not my problem.
The kitchen fitter didn't include removing the old kitchen in his price so that was my job for the day. (Peter has done something to his back and is huffing and puffing all over the place. Why do men do that?) He did give me hand to move the cupboard on the left. I had to take everything out of it first but it was still very heavy with the worktop attached. I had been thinking to put some of the cupboards in the utility room and maybe in the garage but on closer inspection all the drawers were failing so in the end we decided that they've had their day and need to go.
That decision made I set to dismantling as many of the cupboards as I could and dumping them outside (I really hadn't been looking forward to finding somewhere to put those cupboards.) All went well until the very last screw holding on the last worktop. I ended up sawing and then using a crowbar to rip the worktop away from the cupboard then breaking up the cupboard before taking it outside. That was after taking everything out of the cupboards, found those sweet cases, and putting them in boxes and bags in the sitting room.
This is as far as I can go. The last two old cupboards are holding up the sink worktop so have to stay until the sink is disconnected. Watch this space to see how much gets done tomorrow.
 

2 comments:

Janet said...

golly you have been so busy! Hope all goes well with having your new kitchen fitted. x

happyone said...

Made me chuckle to see you IN the cabinet. :)
I think sometimes it is harder dismantling than putting together.