Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 31 October 2020

Happy Birthday Romas.

Happy Birthday to our youngest who although he's 31 today is still one of 'the boys'. Distance and covid mean we haven't seen him for a very long time but we keep in touch, mainly through FB. The important things are that he's well and happy, still up in Stoke with Laura and now 2 French bulldogs, Rhubarb and Custard.
Here, after a wet and stormy morning the day brightened up with more than a patch of blue.
That had me togging up and dragging the steps outside to finish off the hedge. And now, if you don't look too closely, it's done. I bagged up the clippings as I went along but once I was leaning on the top of the hedge reaching for the furthest branches I simply threw them into the garden. 
There's just one hump that needs sorting out but the view is so much better. As we sat at breakfast we came up with some far fetched schemes to get rid of the lamp post at the end of the road, it so spoils the view, but I don't think the council would approve.
After my hedging session Peter and I went for a bracing walk along the beach. I should remember to take the small camera (phone) when I don't want to take my big camera. Today we were surprised by the sight of yellow crab apples mixed in with the stones scattered over the wet sand for a distance of about 200 yds. There must be a tree somewhere on the cliffs that is shedding apples into the sea. I have seen the occasional crab apple on the sand before but this was quite something.
Back home I decided to have a gentle chopping and bagging session sitting in the garden. This plan came to a halt when I discovered that the lovely fluorescent jacket I'd been wearing to work outside was covered with spots of mildew on the arms and back. With the coat being totally waterproof but not breathable I should have been turning the sleeves out and letting it dry off before putting the coat away after my work sessions. So instead of gardening I  hung up the coat outside and using a spray that's great for getting mildew off paintwork scrubbed off as much of the mildew as I could.
Whatever the conditions the sea creates an ever changing view to draw the eye.
There's no doubt that the second wave of covid is here and it sounds as if the Govt will be announcing more restrictions soon, maybe even tomorrow.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Happy Birthday to Romas. The names of his dogs made me chuckle!
The virus seems to be spiking all over. We were doing so good here in our county and people got complacent about it and now it is worse than it ever was.