Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 1 October 2020

Dry.

For us it's been a sunny day though the sight of a partial rainbow signified rain to the north.
Not wishing to waste the fine weather we've spent most of the day working in the garden. I've set Peter loose on a section where everything needs to go. I was also clipping away but in a more controlled fashion to tidy up the top of the hedge across the bottom of the garden. We plan to keep it just high enough so that people walking by on the pavement can't peer into the garden. Once I'd done that it was back to chopping brambles in the garden. It's so pleasant to be working out in the sun with the sound of the sea in the background.
Before our long gardening session we had a sort out of the remaining stuff in the bay window. Peter cleared the tools (ours), flooring materials (the builder's) and junk and carried a couple of remaining kitchen cupboards into the garage. I wiped down the dusty plastic bags containing the unwanted mattresses that came with the trundle bed and then arranged for a local recycling charity to collect them. That won't be for another 10 days but at least I know they are going. I explained they're not good for adults but I'm sure they'll be fine for kids and they do have the correct fire safety labels. With the second skip now full to the brim Peter arranged for it to be taken away which won't be until tomorrow. Yay, more rubbish gone.
I'm learning to accept the fact that I can't continue working all day long so  after filling another bag with chopped up brambles I took myself off for a stroll along the beach. The surfers were out and now that we're into October the dog ban is lifted so the dog walkers were back. I exchanged a few words with a young mum whose small child was happily paddling in the sea getting his shorts rather wet.
A couple of Black-Headed gulls squawking away.
Marine still life. 



No comments: