Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 3 October 2020

Wet.

Wild and windy today. That made it a good day to begin cleaning the fitted wardrobes in our bedroom. First I had to remove the left over building materials (wall insulation). Then came hoovering, washing down with hot soapy water and finally a wipe over with bleach. Much the same routine I've used elsewhere in the house. Unlike the far end of the house where mildew was much in evidence following the leaky roof the bleach may not have been necessary but I'm a big fan of bleach. I find it comforting to think of its germ killing properties.
The rough weather brought out the surfers trying to catch the big waves. By the time Peter and I wrapped up and went for a stroll along the beach they'd had enough and gone home. The wind was so strong that it made the raindrops sting as they hit our faces. The direction of the prevailing winds works out well for our walks along the beach in that after battling against the wind on the way out we are then blown along nicely once we turn and head for home. As we passed the Lifeboat Station we noticed somebody inside so Peter went up to offer his services. He's too old and not fit enough to be active crew but they also need shore crew to help with maintenance and cleaning equipment etc which he would love to do. While he was chatting I carried on walking along the strand line looking for driftwood for my Christmas tree. I'm a bit particular in that it has to be nicely rounded wood, not just bits of branches or broken sticks. So far I've got 6 bits of wood, a tiny tree then.

No comments: