Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 26 October 2020

Windy.

Wild and stormy seas this morning, scattered showers during the day. The clocks may have gone back yesterday but my body clock doesn't know about that and woke me at 5.30. Up I got and the day began.
This morning I had my appointment at the doctors. The receptionist who scanned my temperature prior to letting me in was surprised to see that it was only 32C. I think the cold wind on my face had something to do with that. I was first seen by a third year medical student which was great fun as he had extra time to take lots of notes. Funnily enough he was from Bideford (about 10 miles from Barnstaple). I'd gone armed with letters from the cardio consultant as they don't have any of my notes yet plus a list of the things I wanted to talk about with specific questions. When we'd finished our long chat he then went to talk to the doctor who came in to supervise the printing out of the prescriptions for the missing medication and extra heart tablets. She looked at the dog bite and once I'd explained that the dog's teeth didn't come in contact with my skin said I didn't need antibiotics unless my hand got worse. I was impressed that my Friday blood test results were already in and everything is fine. And I got my flu jab. I am supposed to get one if I live with a vulnerable person which Peter is because of his age and compromised immune system but there's a current shortage and they're being done in order of need. Explaining that Peter is too stubborn to have a flu jab may have helped.
Yesterday's hedge trimming didn't do my ribs any good so I had to take things a bit more easy today. I realised this during and after my pedalling session. I guess I'll I have to wait a while before getting back into the old routine. Instead I has a happy afternoon making fancy chocolate truffles for an upcoming birthday. I've cut one open to show the white chocolate truffle inside with cranberries soaked in whiskey. Now all I have to do is to try and think where my foil sweet cases are. I've checked and checked the famous notebook lists with no luck and even gone through most of the unpacked boxes in the kitchen. For most of the time I was looking for a storage box with an orange lid but I seem to remember clearing out all the very out of date colours etc and possibly also the box as the lid was cracked. But what did I do with the rest of the cake decorating items? The truffles need to go in the post tomorrow. If I sleep on it maybe inspiration will occur.

 

2 comments:

happyone said...

Those truffles sure look good.
Yesterday forgot comment about your dog bite. Sure was a good thing you had those gloves on. Those yappy dogs are the worst!!

Janet said...

Hope you won't have any further problems with your hand Ruta. x