Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 28 October 2020

Windy.

A wild and windy day. As we ate our breakfast we cheered on the handful of surfers attempting to catch the early morning waves. They eventually gave up as although the swell was pretty big the waves didn't break until the last moment leaving not long for actual surfing. The coastguard page is advising people not to go out in such wild weather.
First thing after breakfast I went down and posted off the parcel and then couldn't resist a walk along the beach. The wind was fierce but I was well protected with; moulded earplugs, head band, woolly hat, coat hood and wraparound sunglasses. I'm so glad I bought a pair of lightly silvered sunglasses to wear on days when it's not bright enough for black. I found a couple of white stones one of which fits nicely on my staff.
When I got home we attempted to put up the brackets for the curtain poles in our bedroom. I cleared the boxes away and fetched the tools I thought we might need and then left Peter to it. In theory it should be a simple job to screw directly into the wood batons on the wall and we do have a work progress photo but it wasn't so simple and after a couple of trial holes Peter stopped before messing up the nicely decorated wall. We'll have to ask the builder to do it as he knows exactly where the wood is.

Instead I wrapped up well and headed off to the front garden to bag up more hedge clippings. While I was doing that the builder turned up to make a start on removing the chimney pots. That's a more urgent job as we are getting some marks from rain coming down the chimneys which we no longer need. He took down the old tv aerial which had damaged some of the pointing as it wobbled in the wind.


Still messy but at least we can move around the garden.
 

No comments: