Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 30 October 2020

Shopping, Again.

The day began wet and windy and ended up with a glorious sunset.
Although I had really wanted to stay away from Aber during the current lockdown I had to go to the bank so I called in at Lidl which was where I parked. This time when I shopped I bought enough staples to last for the next couple of weeks so I don't have to go in next week. While I was queueing up in Lidl another shopper walked past me and stood himself in front of me. I'm a typical non-confrontational Brit but I wasn't going to let that go. Being male, white and (once he opened his mouth) upper class did not entitle him to take precedence over others. Staying polite I asked him if he was in the queue and when he said he was I told him the back of the queue was behind me. He came up with the excuse that it had been much further back in the aisle when he passed me, untrue! and then when I said nothing he came up with the put down of 'if it bothered me that much' and stood behind me. Naturally I didn't think of a cutting response until I was driving home but I wish I'd told him that good manners were a matter of principle. Hah!
The new induction hob arrived while I was out and having transferred over some funds at the bank I had a fun time on-line choosing and then buying the new oven. I had a short list of 'best buys' from Which. These resolved into 3 models all much the same and bingo! I found one that was white rather than black or silver, a Bosch oven that scored highly in the Which tests. Funnily enough it's from Curry's as was the hob and will be arriving next Friday. One site I looked at had a 6-8 week delivery time. 
For relation I took myself outside to work on the hedge. I filled three bags with clippings but I need one more session to finish off the hedge.
The afternoon finished with a beautiful, more pink than the photos, sunset. It was hard to tear myself away from the window as the sky blazed first pink and then deep orange.


 

2 comments:

Janet said...

Lovely photos Ruta!

happyone said...

I would have said something to that rude gentleman too. He made it sound like you were the rude one!!
I shopped today too only did mine on line. :)