Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 27 October 2020

Breezy.

Bright and breezy today with the occasional squall.
(Do you see the albatross in this pebble?)
The electrician and his assistant came this morning to do the first fix, (putting in the wires and boxes for the lights and switches) in the utility room. While this was going on I made another batch of truffles, plain chocolate with chopped up soft dried apricots. I looked on-line and did my best to temper the chocolate to get a shiny coating but it didn't really work. Never mind, they still taste as good. I never found the sweet cases so I used small squares of bubble wrap instead. By the time I boxed up the two kinds of truffles in a fancy box I discovered that the nearby Post Office in the shop is only open until 1.00 so I'll have to post them off tomorrow morning. Looking on-line there seems to be another Post Office right at the other end of the village which I'll have to check out some time.
Once I'd hoovered up the plaster dust and foam shavings left by the electrician Peter and I went for a stroll along the beach.
The building with the round turret and funny sloping roof on the far left (above) is the café above the shop/Post Office. 

I had a bit of fun kicking up the spume and watching it blow in the wind, sort of an old person's foam party.
There's often a sparkle to the bubbles in the spume and today there was an iridescence which I was able to capture with my camera. Is that evidence of mermaids, some sort of oily pollution or just a different type of algae (the scientific cause of sea foam)?
Naturally we keep our eyes open for interesting things on the beach. Peter picked up some shells and as well as my albatross stone I found this twisted stem, surely Gandalf's staff ? I'm hoping it will dry to a bleached colour and I might even look for a stone to put in the top.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Yes, I did see the albatross in the stone. Good eye to pick that out!