Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 21 October 2020

Grey.

A brief spell of blue in what has been a mostly grey day.
Even before the gloomy weather I'd planned to go a bit easy for the next two days so that I don't down too many pain killers before my blood test on Friday. Instead I drove down to the launderette to get the washing done. I wasn't sure if the launderette would be open during the coming lockdown (it will) but at least now our minimal washing is done. Stuff like the dust sheets, some of which are still in situ, can wait until the utility room is done and my machine plumbed in.
The launderette was almost empty, just an older chap and his wife who popped in and out. Our brief conversation made me realise how fortunate we are. This couple have been living in a holiday park (chalet/trailer) since September but it's closing because of the lockdown. They've found somewhere else to stay for the next three weeks and then ? He mentioned their health was better since they moved here but I saw that their car had a ramp for a wheelchair. Makes me so thankful for the security of our own home however chaotic it is at the moment.
I didn't bother last time but now I've found the iron I ironed the sheets while I watched 'Portrait Artist of the Year.' Not as interesting as 'The Great Pottery Throwdown.' but still fascinating to watch skilled artists tackle the same subject. 

Our builder called round to do some marking up in the utility room as the electrician will be coming on Tuesday (permitted under the current lockdown rules) to do first fix in the utility and second fix in my study. Looking at the lockdown rules our lives will hardly change though I shall avoid going into Aber unless absolutely necessary. So far all the local cases can be traced back to extended social gatherings which I guess mean students/ young people but there is no point in taking chances.

 

No comments: