Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 10 October 2020

Often Wet.

Colder and frequently wet today.
Initially I planned to start work on the back garden, something I've been putting off but by the time we'd had our breakfast porridge it was too wet to go out.
Instead I got on with another job I've been putting off, cleaning out the big cupboard by the front door. Once again it was a matter of; clear, hoover, wash and then bleach down. There are some signs of damp on the outer wall, yet another thing for the builder to look at but after today's cleaning I can't smell any mustiness. It was a hard job to do, lots of up and down ladders including the big pull-up ladder which Peter had to help me with. I got quite grumpy as I worked knowing that my back would soon be hurting but it had to be done. This is nearly the last big indoor cleaning job, just the small cupboards built into the chimney breast behind me left to do. While I left it to dry out I rewarded myself with a chocolatey treat from Lidl, some sort of chocolate and hazelnut mousse, while I watched tv.
With its wooden sliding doors the cupboard is old fashioned but it is so well made and practical it would be silly to get rid of it. The sliding doors work beautifully, unlike the doors on the fitted wardrobe in Broadgate Close. They were badly fitted and the door on my side regularly jumped off the runners and had to be dragged into place.
I had to interrupt my tv viewing a couple of times to take photos of the rainbows that appeared over the sea.

This one below, was much brighter and dropped into the sea at the bottom of the garden.
My Christmas Tree stick collection so far. I'm waiting to see what happens when the petrified wood dries out. I'm thinking about collecting more pieces to put on the raised beds in the front garden, when they are made. I wonder if it is okay to take them from the beach? I supposed it depends how you classify them. As petrified 4.5 thousand year old wood do they count as drift wood which you are allowed to collect, or stones which you are not?

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Hope your back isn't hurting after all your work.
The scenes of the water are just beautiful.