Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 20 October 2020

Windy.

Lots of wind today, a greyish start brightening up in the afternoon and now raining.
It seems I'm fated to be forever having problems with my prescriptions. I went down to the pharmacy this morning to collect my prescription. All looked fine until I checked the paperwork and found that one item had been missed off. Nothing the pharmacy could do so I walked to the surgery forgetting the sign on the door that said only people with appointments should knock on the door. All other enquires had to be made by phone. When I phoned I was told they had no information about that medication and I needed to talk to my old surgery and get them to fax the details to Borth. Finally got through to the old surgery who informed me they don't do faxes and the Borth surgery needed to email them. Rang Borth again who first said Wales is on a different system to England and emails don't always get through ???? but then the person I was speaking to took the email and phone number of the Barnstaple surgery. Not sure what happens now but luckily I have enough tablets for a few more days. I did enquire why they don't have my medical records, the electronic records should transfer immediately even if the paper records take longer. Imagine my surprise when I was told they don't have electronic records in Wales, that I don't believe.
I combined my trip to the pharmacy with a walk along the beach. Being high tide I knew I would have to walk on the shingle so decided to wear my walking boots instead of wellies. I thought my boots felt a bit snug and sure enough when I took them off I had two more large toe blisters on my left foot. I can't win, if I stick to flip-flops I cut or bang my toes and unless I wear roomy wellies or crocs I end up with blisters.
My outdoor job for today was to carry on removing the ivy from the wall. Still more to do but every little helps. Some of the stems are as thick as my arm and need cutting through with a saw. I find that as I work plans for the garden begin to develop in my head. I'm quite happy to stick with the old style paving slabs that make up the central path, a going over with the pressure washer will suffice. That will leave quite a bit of space for planting. Apart from climbers to go up the trellis all around the walls I intend to have a lot of herbs, salad leaves and maybe even some other vegetables.
The wind picked up through the day bringing some good surfing waves for the gaggle of surfers.
Then came the rain and with the returning sun a rainbow over Borth.


 

2 comments:

happyone said...

Beautiful photos of the water!!

Janet said...

I love your photos of the sea!