Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 22 October 2020

Sunny.

The day began grey and looking as if it might rain but then it brightened up.
I took myself of to Aber to do a final, I hope, shop before the 2 week lockdown starts on Friday evening. First stop was Lidl and then I ventured to a new destination - Tesco's. It's only a minute's drive from Lidl and I had seen where the turn-off to the carpark was so it wasn't that much of an achievement. It was nice to find a decent sized Tesco's with M&S in the same building over the spacious carpark. Not quite a shopping mall but sufficient for me. I carried on with my shopping spree by driving across the road, literally, and buying some cheap household stuff in B&M; another doormat, paper lampshades and some bars to put over the cupboards door for the kitchen towel and t-towel.
When I got home I had a phone call from the kitchen people. The kitchen is now ordered and should arrive at the beginning of November. We ended up choosing factory assembled units which are made with thicker materials. Luckily they will keep the units at the local depot until we have the fitter organised. I was worried how we were going to fit all the units in considering how cluttered we are at the moment. With that all in hand I got out my notes and bought one of the induction hobs recommended by Which. It's a Zanussi one and it has separate controls for each ring rather than having to program which ring you want to use first. No more burnt spills on the hob.
With the kitchen dealt with for today we went for a walk further up the cliff to the war memorial. It's a short but steep climb and showed how much my fitness has declined since I stopped exercising. My ribs seem to be improving so I've begun introducing some of my daily exercises. Walking up that cliff would be good too. From there we had a great view of the whole of Borth and the mountains beyond. Zoom in to the photo and you might be able to spot our home. (Hint - it's the only one with a red roof.) Or try the photo below. 
I did take a photo looking south along the coast but the sun was so bright the camera over compensated and the photo turned out too dark.
At home the sea is a constant presence, even when our eyes aren't drawn to the varied colours and form of the water we can generally hear the crash and boom of the waves as they smash into the cliff or roll stones along the beach. So although there's no view from our bedroom we can make a guess at the state of the sea even before we take in the view from the living area.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Bet you excited to be getting the new kitchen soon!! Hope all goes well.