Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 9 October 2020

Grey.

It's been a grey but mostly dry day with the occasional squall in the afternoon.
Having finally got my new bank accounts sorted today we went into Aber to pay off the very large loan we'd taken out to tide us over until Broadgate was sold. Now that's done it's a weight off our minds. I also changed the pin number on my new debit card back to the one I had before. I'd had to write the number I'd been issued with on my arm which made the lady in the bank laugh. Once that was all done we went back to the car where Peter waited while I did the shopping in Lidl. Peter's arthritis has flared up again in his foot so he didn't want to do too much walking around. The shop down the road has a reasonable range of food but at Co-Op prices which are significantly more than Lidl's so it's good to stock up. I also bought a little extra frozen veg to start filling the freezer and maybe a few treats made their way into my trolley. I'm still getting used to the layout of this Lidl's which seems to have more stuff piled up in boxes around the ends of the aisles and every now and again there are announcements over the loudspeaker in Welsh only. They do have a good system of getting everyone to make one queue for the checkouts and then they call out which till to go to. 
When we got home I escaped to the front garden to do more chopping supervised by Speedy. I've just about got most of the brambles out of the central clump of bushes. I cut back those bushes and lowered their height so now we can see into the front part of the garden from the house. I really would like to do a thorough tidy of each area as I work but at the moment I'm focussing on filling as many bags as I can so that once we have the next skip delivered there's plenty to go in it.
This morning I added some more blogs to my reading list including a couple written by bloggers in Wales. Is it just the type of blog I go for or are most bloggers women?

Half an hour later.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I think most bloggers are woman, but I have found that the men who do blog mostly have photo blogs.