Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 12 October 2020

Mostly Wet.

I knew first thing this morning that the sea was flat because I couldn't hear the waves from the bedroom. Usually I can hear the constant crash and rumble of the waves as they toss the stones up and down the beach. Instead the view was grey with the steady rain obscuring the distant hills.
A rainy day was a good day for admin. I'll probably need to see my new doctor soon and while electronic records gets transferred almost immediately paper records may take weeks. So I made a summary of everything relevant to my heart issues, got the letters from the consultant in order and threw out unnecessary bits of paper. I'll do the same for my back and the rib inflammation on another rainy day so that I'll be able to talk coherently when I need a review. I also rang and booked the follow-up blood test that the old surgery wanted me to have. They offered me an 8.30 appointment but I opted for the 9.30 one a couple of days later. Continuing on with the admin I sorted out the pile of 'important paperwork' that had begun to grow on my desk.
While Peter walked down to collect his prescription from the local pharmacy I tried a 15 minute session on the exercise bike then had a break in front of the tv. After that I tackled the cupboards built into the chimneybreast in the hall. Again they are well made but in this case it's time for a change. The plan is to have a full wall of book shelves on the other side of the hall and I'd really like to take out the cupboards, open up the space to about 6 ft high and have deep bookshelves all the way up. Once my cleaning was done I put a small paper lantern lightshade up in the hall and a very large one in the sitting room. Neither of them have the wire stretcher inside so the hall one is weighed down with a small china bowl and the sitting room one has some folded up t-towels. I've ordered some venetian blind samples from an on-line company. I have no idea what the difference is between the various sorts they sell but there's nowhere locally I can go and look so the samples are the best I can do. I also bought the floor tiles for the toilet. The tiles came to £46 and then the delivery was £39. Yikes. I looked on-line to see if I could get them cheaper elsewhere but they were the same or more expensive so I had to accept the steep delivery charge.
By 4.00 the rain clouds had blown away and it was too nice not to go out for a quick stroll along the beach. 

Peter had done enough walking for the day so I went off by myself for a spot of photography by the sea. Today there were two dead guillemots lying by the washed up seaweed.


 

No comments: