Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 14 October 2020

Sunny.

It's been a lovely bright and sunny day and remarkably warm. In the morning I drove into Aber to pay some bills at the bank and stock up at Lidl. I will admit to stocking up in case the number of covid cases increases (32 students have tested positive so far) and we decide not to venture afield. This was the first time I drove to Aber by myself, it's so easy when somebody else takes over the driving but I'm perfectly capable. Since we've been here we've been using the local road that runs closer to the coast than the unremarkable main road. With a similar geology to North Devon the landscape here is very similar with the road winding its way up and down hills through beautiful countryside. The final bit is a little hair-raising as it snakes up a steep hill with an unfenced drop on one side, (more extreme than Zig-Zag beyond Shirwell). A couple of minutes through the town brought me to the Lidl/Iceland car park with a total journey time of 20 minutes. 
Back home, with the shopping safely put away I cleared out the two greenhouses in the back garden.  Having a greenhouse is fun but I don't plan to be growing annuals or tomatoes. I've already offered them out for free on the local FB page so hopefully somebody will take them away.
I finished off my working day with more snipping in the front garden. By cutting down a Hypericum I was able to clear the corner between the brick planter and the 'stone' wall. 

 
Evening skies.
The builder came round for a chat before I finished this post. And now I've already got somebody coming round on Friday for the greenhouses and a second person waiting. (Peter is dubious about how easy it will be to dismantle the greenhouses.)

No comments: