Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 24 October 2020

Wet.

The morning's wind blew in plenty of rain today.
Speedy woke me up this morning butting my face and purring loudly at 6.00. I thought he'd learned not to do this after only one morning of getting pushed away when he tried walking me but maybe he thought I might have changed my mind. I did get up, wandered into the kitchen, turned on the central heating (we've not attempted to set the timer yet) and then shock horror! went back to bed. No early breakfast for Speedy. I actually fell asleep for another hour so he had to wait until 7.00 for his breakfast which is when I took the above photo.
I did the first of two sessions on the exercise bike before breakfast after which I got on  with more sorting out. First job on the list was to make a start on the curtain poles. Before we moved I amassed a collection of poles, brackets and rings from charity shops and sales. Measuring the windows here I was disappointed to find that my long pole from Laura Ashley reduced from £215 to £20 is 20 cms too short for the French doors in the sitting room but I can use it in my study where one of the windows needs a 3m pole. Coincidentally I've just come across and advert on the local FB page for 6 curtain poles for sale not too far away. I have to check if the length given is for each pole or if you put them all together. I also cleaned the wooden poles and rings that the builder had saved from the bedroom windows. One of them needs the screw that joins two sections fixing back into place but that shouldn't be a problem. I have the right sized brackets to put these poles up. Yay, curtains in the bedroom! (We do have the windows covered.)
Curtain poles sorted for the time being my afternoon job was to sort through and collate the stuff in plastic storage boxes stacked in the kitchen. I've been taking things out as I needed them and it wasn't hard to reduce the boxes to three. The other three boxes went to the bedroom where I tidied up Peter's semi-tidied piles of clothing. All in all a productive day.



 

1 comment:

happyone said...

We had a rainy day here as well.