Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 25 October 2020

Snappy Dog.

It's been a day of much rain plus some bright spells giving a constantly changing seascape.
9.00 this morning a few keen surfers were out hoping for some good waves. We sit at the table and cheer them on if they do manage to catch a wave. 
I tried fixing the bedroom curtain pole joining fitting with some resin glue, the sort where you have to mix two gels together but having checked it just now I can say it didn't work. On the other hand I measured up our old bedroom curtains and they will fit. I had another look at the curtain poles on FB but realised they were too thin. More suitable for net curtains.
As Peter didn't do too well with the hedge trimmer and now the arthritis has flared up in his wrists I decided to tackle the hedge by myself. The trimmer is too heavy for me so I made do with secateurs and loppers to hack the Eleagnus into shape. 

Very few people out walking along the coast path. Not sure how much was due to the lockdown and how much was because of the wet weather. I did have a long chat with a lady from up the road who had her Scottie dog with her. As she came a bit closer this dog began yapping and jumping on the end of its long lead. I foolishly thought it was simply excited and put my hand out for it to sniff. Big mistake, it lunged forward and gave my hand a fierce bite. Luckily I was wearing the hide work gloves and it didn't get its teeth through the tough leather but it still broke the skin. The owner was apologetic and to be fair I should have had more sense. I'm just not used to snappy dogs. I did go in and wash the scrape with soap and water before applying disinfectant and a plaster. It has since swollen up and a bruise has appeared. 
Now the top of the hedge is lower we get even more sea to look at and will have a clear view to the sunset. Since I took the photo I used the loppers to prune back more of the holly bush behind the red hydrangea before more rain set in.
Which brought more rainbows.
Sun and clouds on the mountains of Snowdonia.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

You sure get to see a lot of rainbows!! Beautiful.