Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 7 October 2020

Sunny.

It's been a bright day today. It was so sunny in the afternoon as I worked out in the garden I ended up taking off my old gardening fleece. There are a few surfers out hoping in vain for surf but only bobbing up and down on the gentle waves. Bad weather is due again this evening, the whole of Wales is on a yellow weather alert, so maybe the surfers are hoping for that.
Speedy only got a small supper tonight as this morning he got two breakfasts. One from me at 6.30, I then went back to bed and fell asleep so he got a second breakfast when Peter went to make our morning cups of tea. Then after spending the afternoon out in the front garden Speedy turned up at the door with a (dead) field mouse. I wouldn't let him in so I'm assuming he went off and ate it. So only half rations for supper.
After hacking away at various prickly plants while wearing basic work gloves Peter ordered us these thorn proof gloves. They were only £3 a pair and they really protect the hands while still being flexible enough to work in. 
With the garden so overgrown it's hard to know where to begin. Today I lowered a bit of the streetside hedge and then returned to freeing the hydrangeas from the brambles. I'm pleased to say I'm almost there. While I was working on the hedge I had a long chat with another neighbour. This time a lady who lives further along on the cliff road.
The windows chaps came briefly to change one of the handles on the utility room window and cement the render around the small window in the hall. They also returned one of my mugs which had disappeared into one of their vans on Monday. The chap who is local told me I should be able to get a food caddy from the council office yard in Aber. That would be handy as although our re-cycling including lots of polystyrene packaging, was collected the separate food waste collection missed my container even though it had a tile on top with 'Food Waste' written on it.
This evening I volunteered to be the first to try out the shower in our bedroom and I have to say it was a success. Although the water flow wasn't as much as we're used to it was beautifully hot. We had asked the plumber to check it all out but you never know. 

The covid numbers are creeping up all over the country. Here the new cases are all within the student population. Some people are saying it's because the students are spending time on the beach but it's far more likely due to shared kitchens and other facilities in the student accommodation.

3 comments:

happyone said...

Sounds like lots of work clearing the garden but I'm sure it will all look great.
I could use some of the thorn proof gloves!!
Nice that you are meeting some of your neighbors.

Ruta M. said...

Peter got them from Amazon (we try not to use Amazon but needs must at times). They're called XNDRYAN at least that's what's printed on them. Probably from China.

happyone said...

Thanks Ruta.