Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 23 October 2020

Windy.

A windy day with some rain in the morning and more sun in the afternoon.
We both had appointments at the surgery today. Mine was just for a blood test, a follow-up to the one I had done in Devon so naturally they had no idea why I needed one. Having moved countries even our electronic records have fallen into a black hole of nothingness and may take weeks to reappear. As well as the blood test I was weighed and measured, my height is now down to below 5'8" when once upon a time I was 5'10.5". I didn't want to know my weight as at the moment I feel I need some reward for all the hard work I'm doing. Time to lose the weight again later. I'm sure this is another initiative from the government to 'tackle the obesity crisis'. All well and good and important to educate people but how about making sure that people in deprived areas have shops or markets where they can buy fresh vegetables and fruit rather than a plethora of fried chicken and kebab shops? My blood pressure was good, a surprise as it usually goes up at the doctors. My visit was very covid secure. Nobody else in the waiting room and afterwards I left by a different door. 
After a blood test last week Peter's visit was a general health check which he passed with flying colours. He is most impressed with the new doctor.
Back home I did some rearranging of boxes. Now that we are using the shower in the bedroom I could fit a surprising amount of boxes in the bath. With the builder starting on the utility room soon, maybe, I tried to clear out as much as I could from there including shifting boxes into the garage. That's the garage with a hole in the roof, the old kitchen cupboards which may get re-used in the utility room, our stuff and builder's stuff. Moving boxes is not good for my back.

After a break reading at the table I carried on chopping back the big escallonia overhanging our neighbour's garden. I spoke to the chief carer offering to cut it back on that side and he said he would do it, but hasn't. I wouldn't like to upset the neighbour who spends his days sitting by the window watching tv or the sea. If I cut it back to the right level it will be nothing but bare twigs so I'll just do what I can from our garden for now.
Some kite surfers catching the wind.

A Welsh poppy in the back garden. There are seedlings all over both gardens and I'll try to keep some once the garden is restored.
PS It takes 13 minutes to walk to the surgery.
 

2 comments:

happyone said...

That's quite a lot of height to lose!
That was a good suggestion that the bulls had the names of who sired them. Sounds reasonable.

lea said...

Your Passiflora looks like it survived the move quite well, it's beautiful. I have Welsh poppies, I love their cheery yellow blossoms first thing in the early spring.