Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 20 July 2021

Hot Again.

Another hot day. I'm not complaining.
While Peter went off for a meeting at the Lifeboat Station (he's voluntering in the shop as he's 'too old' for shore crew) I went out and cut a bit more of the hedge. I wanted to create more of a slope from the low to the high sections but because I had to cut some big branches even lower it just looks like the low section extends further. 
Also done were a number of smaller jobs; moving the pc tower back to its original position under my piano, sticking clothes pegs on the right hand side of my pc desk to hold various leads (the removal men knocked the old ones off and they were on the wrong side anyway), sticking my swivel stool to the thin carpet type doormat it had been sitting on and cutting off the excess, washing down the bodyboards and replacing the bits of baler twine with new wrist leashes and ironing a duvet cover which is so thin it needs to go in the dustsheet stack and generally putting away all my sewing stuff. After all that there was still time for an hour sitting out on the sunloungers.
Yesterday's sunset. The other night somebody mentioned the sunset green flash but nobody has ever seen it and the consensus was that it was a myth. However I found this so now we're all looking or claiming to have seen it.

Yesterday's lifeboat rescue seems to have been a bit unneccesary. One of the fishermen had holed his kayak by getting too close to the reef. He'd swum/climbed onto the reef which is only 500m from the shore. There were a number of paddleboarders around who could have given him a ride to shore and the beach lifeguard got to him before the lifeboat. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

A beautiful end to the day.