Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 10 July 2021

Mostly Sunny.

The day began grey and cloudy then gradually got sunnier and sunnier ending in a hot afternoon.
For me the day has gone in reverse, starting well with more and more things going wrong as the day went on. Having completed one side of the set of curtains today the plan was to move on to the other side. I spent the best part of 3 hours unpicking a hem and removing all the bits of thread from the sheeting that had once been the lining of the third large curtain. It was only as I ironed the material that I noticed it was more see-through than the sheet I'd used on the first blanket and I realised that it would be better to use another heavier cotton sheet from my stash.  Having got over kicking myself for not checking first I began again with the sheet. Measured, folded and ironed the top and then as I began pinning it to the blanket found that the sheet wasn't wide enough. Back to the original fabric that I'd spent all morning working on only to find that wasn't wide enough either. Then I got my brain in gear and measured the width of the blanket. The first blanket is 72 inches wide, the second is 100 inches, duh! Thoroughly fed up at this point I compromised by pinning and then sewing the heavier sheet onto the blanket curtain leaving a gap at the end which isn't in front of the window anyway. I know I should have stitched on a strip of fabric to make the sheet bigger and I may still do that in the end. I was just so fed up.
But that wasn't the end of my day's trials. Having maxed out on painkillers for the last week it's given me heartburn to the point that I have to be really careful about what I eat. On top of that I've discovered that I should have had my next prescription last Wednesday but there's been no text form the pharmacy to say it's ready. Naturally I find out on a Saturday that I've run out of one of my painkillers (not the one that's giving me heartburn) and I can't do anything about it until Monday.
And then if that wasn't enough I've been having trouble with Paypal. I keep having to log in on eBay and then they want further authentication in the form of a code they send me by text. Except that the texts never arrive. I worked out that it must be that I don't have a signal in my study, left my phone in the sitting room, got a code, entered it and then got a message saying they were having problems and try again later.
So not the best of days, but I was able to cheer myself up with the fact that I can leave my troubles and sit out on the terrace watching the view with the bonus of sunny weather today. Above is the back garden helicopter leaving for North Wales.
The mackerel must be about as for the last week the fishermen have been out every night in boats or on kayaks or paddle boards. We often see a group of 2 or 3 of them chilling out together in the bay. This chap above has some handy wheels on his dinghy. All he has to do when he gets to the beach is take his stuff out then flip the dinghy over to haul it up the slipway.
Another lovely sunset last night though once again the photos lack the true orange/pink glow.



 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Beautiful sunset.
Sounds delightful to sit out on the terrace over looking the water. Peaceful!