Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 13 July 2021

Sunny.

All morning it felt as if the sun and haze were battling with each other but by mid-afternoon the sun triumphed making it wonderful to sit out. I fear they didn't have it so good inland as the clouds sat firmly over the hills. 
Not knowing how the day would go I decided to begin by working out in the front garden. When I'd worked on the hedge the other week I'd done my best to put the cuttings straight into bin bags so that on the street side at least there wasn't any clearing up to do. But it was hard work leaning over to the far side of the hedge especially as I was cutting through some big branches so I took the easy option and lobbed those into the garden beyond. Where they stayed until this morning when I put as much as I could into bags cutting it up into small pieces first which makes it possible to fit more in each bag. I filled 2 bags ready for the next dump run and there's a pile of denuded branches which will go in a big garden bag for transportation. 
Branches dealt with I saw that the brambles were once again trying to make a comeback so there was more pulling and chopping to be done there.
Then it was time to return to my sewing. With the pinning already done it didn't take too long to finish hand sewing the lining to the blanket and now that curtain is done. My last job will be to add an extra piece on the bottom of the 'real' curtain but that and the hem will be done on the machine.
Later in the afternoon Peter went to the surgery to have the stitches taken out from his mole excision. Still another week or even two before he finds out the results of the routine biopsy. The doctor didn't flag up any concerns but there's always that thought at the back of your mind.
While Peter was out I baked a banana cake/bread with a couple of over ripe bananas. I know it's been the go-to recipe during the lock-downs but it's the first time I've done one here. I used the Mary Berry recipe which I think is a bit sweet but otherwise okay.
We ended the afternoon on the terrace relaxing in the sunloungers. No word yet from the chap who is supposed to be repairing the render on the front wall.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Another busy day for you. The flowers are all beautiful.