Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 12 July 2021

Lots of Sun.

Mostly sunny today, at least over the bay. But looking out of the kitchen window the sky was filled with dark grey clouds. The westerly wind kept those clouds away until the end of the afternoon and now the showers are rolling in.
Even though I planned a sewing day I started with some weeding of the back garden raised beds as the warmth and rain have provided the perfect conditions for the weeds to shoot up. Then I got on with my curtains. I knew I wouldn't be happy with a half-done job so I unstitched the lining, added extra fabric and hand sewed the lining back on across the top of the 'blanket' curtain. The sides have been pinned ready for more hand sewing and before supper I whizzed through almost all of one side while the curtain was still hanging in place.

This morning Peter collected the camper from the farm where it now lives and took it down for its MOT. Unfortunately the time it spent standing outside our neighbours' house let the sea air get to the underneath and there's rust to be dealt with before it gets its certificate. Once he'd dropped the camper off at the garage Peter called in at the pharmacy and I think gave them an earful about my prescription which was ready and waiting. They were most apologetic about not ticking the box on the form saying they should send us a text and I now have all the meds I need.
Our esteemed PM has announced the removal of all restrictions from next week (doesn't count for us in Wales) while at the same time all the numbers are going up. It beggars belief that mask wearing is going to be voluntary, it's one rule that has no immediate impact on general productivity. Surely it's not a popularity stunt? That would never happen would it? At least the Welsh govt. follows the science rather than the voting.

And England lost the football, right at the last moment when the game went into injury time and then the dreaded penalty shoot-out. (Taking it in turn to kick the ball against the goalie.)

No comments: