Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 2 July 2021

Partly Sunny.

Alternating hot sunny spells and cooler cloudy moments today.
I made an early start and was in town just after 10.00 hoping to beat the queues at Lidl, which I did though as I left the shop people were already having to wait outside. My main reason for going into town was to visit a shoe shop that I'd found which stocks Wider Fit shoes in the hope that I could find out exactly which size my feet are. That way I could order from their catalogue even if the shop didn't have anything I liked. Unfortunately my feet are not only very wide but they are a half size which Wider Fit don't do. The shop lady tried very hard to find shoes to fit me but with no success. However when I jokingly mentioned that maybe I would have to save up and get made to measure shoes she said there is a bespoke shoe maker in Machynlleth. Here is the website but .... big gulp, it would cost around £700 for a pair of short lace up boots. Let's see how long I can manage with flip-flops and crocs. Incidentally I saw a pair of Crocs in the Oxfam shop and they were priced at £20. For second hand plastic shoes!
One thing I did buy in another charity shop was this glass light shade for the toilet. There was another one which was exactly what I'd been thinking of, a bit bigger with frosted glass in a tulip shape. But the glass was very thick and extremly heavy and I thought it would drag on the wires. This one will do, it has a bit of a Victorian vibe to go with the patterned floor tiles and roll top wall tiles and at £1 it won't be a loss if I find something I like better.
Back home I levelled up the end hedge and began trimming down the hedge that runs down the side of the garden. Using my string method to get a line I found that the section I was working on could come down even further than I had cut it last year so there were some thick branches to cut through. While I worked I began thinking about the height of the hedge and I may have found a way of reducing some of the hedge without compromising our privacy. I'll start at the far end and go down bit by bit until I find the right level.
Hooray, I have one lacecap hydrangea.
A bigger hooray, another dolphin was having some fun leaping out of the water and splashing exuberantly.

Finally, I was talking to Peter about the local helicopter and in my search to find which garden it lands in I found this video from 2016.

1 comment:

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!