Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 19 July 2021

Hot.

Another scorcher of a day. Plenty of people down on the beach though most looked to be sensibly sitting under sunshades of one sort or another. I opened up the sitting room doors straight away and the house has been at just the right temperature.
The first thing I did today was to unplug all the wires from my pc tower and move it to under my desk, then tried it sideways, plugged everything back in and finally decided it would be better back in its original position. Ho hum, these ideas don't always work.
After breakfast  I finished the second window curtain. I think I'll take a break from curtains for a while. I still need to turn up the bedroom curtains and eventually will have to sort out curtains for over the front door but there's no rush for those.
Then I did a couple of small sewing projects one for Peter and one for me. Remember the hat I bought Peter that was too big? I cut a strip of thick fleece fabric and put it inside the hat for Peter to try and hey presto the hat fitted. So I carefully stitched the fleece to the sweat band on the inside of the hat. And for me? I made a bolster style cushion to go against my pillows when I sit up in bed to read. I have been using a rolled up towel as advised by the physio but I found that a rectangular cushion I have on my dining chair does a better job of supporting my back. I've been looking for another one of those cushions for a long while without sucess and thought I'd make my own. I got an flat old pillow, rolled it in half and stitched the two sides together. Then I made a new cover using some plain white sheeting. Going through my box of fabric I found some for an outer washable cover that would go with the bedroom decor but it needs washing first to get rid of a mark.
I stayed out of the sun until late in the afternoon and was sitting on the terrace sewing the hat when I saw the lifeboat go out. I went out to ask one of my neighbours what it was about as she'd been sitting on the cliff and chatting to another neighbour whose LB pager had gone off but by the time I got to her we could see a rescue happening from the top of the reef which was almost under water. At first we thought that somebody had miscalculated the tide and been stranded but then I could see that they had a person and his kayak on the lifeboat. Will probably find out more tonight if we go down to watch the sunset from the cliff. I'm going to call that gathering the Gang on The Cliff (GoTC) from now on.
Speaking to my neighbour the ownership of the cliff is still in question. She's a local councillor and her view is that it belongs to the council though there is some dispute about it. I'd much rather not to own it but am quite happy to continue with the upkeep. The council mower cut the grass the other day but I don't think that happens often.

 

No comments: