Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 11 July 2021

Wet.

A grey cloudy morning turned into a wet day.
I decided not to sew curtains today. Not only did I need a break but after little sleep last night I reckon I'd be even more liable to make silly mistakes.
Instead I did something I've been meaning to do for a while, sorting out a large box that was lurking under the desk in the sitting room. That involved pottering up and down finding places for as many things before giving up and shoving stuff into cupboards to be hidden behind closed doors. A few things got thrown out and others had a wash first.That's another 'large' packing box emptied. 
As usual on a Sunday morning the lifeboat was out for crew training. There could have only been 3 or 4 actually on the water but the lifeboat went out to rescue a paddleboarder who'd fallen off and was attempting to swim back before getting tired and requesting assistance. The lifeboat crew got her on board and after a rest on shore she was okay. The rowers were out as well, the second crew must have been thoroughly wet by the time they got back to shore.
Sunset yesterday.

It's the final of the football tonight, England vs Italy. Let's hope it's a clean game.

A photo of the England captain aged 10 in a promo photo with David Beckham. The little girl in the photo is now his wife. How sweet.

 

No comments: