Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 1 July 2021

Overcast.

A grey day today. It looked as if it would rain at any moment but hasn't so far.
Thinking that I'd take advantage of the dry weather while I could I headed out into the front garden to give the hedge at the end a bit more of a trim. Instead of just going by eye or holding up a long metal rod I pegged a string along the top of the hedge to get a straight line. That made things so much easier and I got what I thought was a neat top line. That's apart from the bump on the left which is ..... something different. Any ideas anyone? My current guesses are laburnunm, wisteria or willow. It's deciduous growing out of some very thick twisty stems, not quite wisteria if I remember correctly (quick blast of bad feeling at the buyers of Dingles who chopped down the 25 year old wisteria). Maybe its identity will become clearer as the summer progresses. While I was outside I saw a dark helicopter taking off from the village which I believe is the one owned by a London consultant (medical) who has a holiday home in the village.
Despite doing a tidy job I wasn't that happy with the hedge, that's not to do with the distinct slope in the top line which I only noticed when I looked at the photo, but because ...... and it took me a while to work out, a squared off hedge is too urban for me. Or maybe even too suburban. But the hedge protects our privacy and on the other side is a semi-wild garden much more to my taste. Can't bear that slope so hedge straightening tomorrow if the weather holds.
In the afternoon I made some bread rolls from a bag of pre-mixed flour that I'd bought for Peter when he expressed a desire to try making bread. It had been sitting in the cupboard for a while so I thought I'd give it a go.

 Peter just called me saying there were two dolphins playing by the rocks.

Lots of jumping out of the water 
and splashing.
    
The rowing club boat had just entered the water so they had to wait until the dolphins moved further into the bay before they could row out into deeper water.
For some reason I can't change the size of the photos. Not sure if it's me, Blogger or our broadband. 4 hours later and it works.



1 comment:

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!