Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 4 June 2022

Cooler.

Most of the day it's been grey, warm(ish) and windy and generally dry. There have been the occasional moments of sun but they had passed each time I planned to sit out. 
The photo above was taken during one of the sunnier spells but for most of the morning the beach was empty and the only people out on the water were some fishermen in their small metal skiffs. I thought I saw a seal close insore but it had gone before I could grab my binoculars.
It was dry so I was back out in the garden after breakfast. I began by tidying here and there and then gave the passage at the side of the house a good sweep. I'd got fed up of walking along it and seeing small drifts of soil and leaves so down I went on hands and knees and swept, prised out seedings from between the slabs and generally tidied up. There's a channel at the side that hold a hose pipe which over the years had filled with soil from the various planters kept there. No wonder elder bushes had taken root there. I'd cut back all the top growth last year and today I was able to pull up most of the roots and trim down the stumps which I'd already treated with weedkiller. I'll wait until the plumber moves the boiler to pressure wash the slabs. I had just finished the job when down came one of a number of brief showers.
When I stopped for a break I had a sudden hankering for some of this seeded rye bread so I popped down to the shop. It's expensive but oh so nice. I had a peanut butter sandwich and a cup of coffee for lunch. 
I had a baking session in the afternoon and made some peanut butter and chocolate cookies. I made some half size with a square of chocolate allowed to melt onto the top. My version of dainty which I'll take to the street party if it's not rained off.
Mrs. Kendall Clark, my favourite hardy geranium, is flowering in the new raised bed.
 

No comments: