Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 7 June 2022

Dry.

The day began beautifuly with blue skies and plenty of warmth (above). It was still sunny when I had I completed all my jobs but by the time I got out the chair cushions out the clouds had arrived and the temperature had dropped (below).
I decided that today should be a 'no grubbing in the dirt' day as I wanted to let a raw bit on top of my toe get some air for the day. A few days ago I'd scraped my toe on the leg of the bed, nothing serious but quite painful at the time. I've always had poor circulation in my fingers and toes so healing especially now I'm older, is a slow process. I've been putting on an iodine dressing and keeping it covered and will continue to do so but I thought a day to air would help. But not if I got dirt in it so no gardening. Instead I played the piano, did my Duo Lingo and took my folder out to do my Welsh homework. We've been doing a lot of revision so I had to use my brain to skip around the topics. I ended my afternoon ironing the washing which had dried nicely on the line. 
Yesterday.
There was a flash of drama with the sunset last night and before that ('scuse the lean.) an interesting spotlight effect on the sea.
Yesterday evening we were eating our supper when we were alerted to the presence of a dolphin by our neighbour stopping his van at the bottom of the garden so his girls could watch the dolphin. We all had a great view as the dolphin fished close by in the gap between the two reefs. But then a swimmer decided to swim out towards the dolphin and got to within about 6ft of it. And then ..... no Disneyesque interaction between human and dolphin but simply the dolphin left, scared away from its food source. I was so cross though it was more likely ignorance on the swimmer's part. Research has shown that the main cause of the decline in the population of dolphins in Cardigan Bay is disturbance by humans which is why it's illegal to take a boat or jet ski within 100m of dolphins. I wish I had given in to my initial desire to go down and have a word with the swimmer.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Those skies are amazing!!