Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 11 June 2022

Windy.

Very windy again today with more sun. Perfect weather for the kite surfers and optomistic experienced surfers.
For me it's been another gardening day so a happy day. This time I've been based in the front garden. For some reason, maybe too much digging around the roots to remove brambles but one of the hydrangeas was almost dead so it was time to remove it. I took off all branches and began digging. That gave me a bucketful of montbretia which then went in another trough up by the street wall. 
Then because our new neighbours aren't here this weekend I took the opportunity to cut back the hedge growing over the wall into their driveway. (They had said this would be alright after I told them about the carers refusing me permission to cut the hedge last year.) They've taken off the chain the carers had put on the old drive gates so I went in with my secateurs and a couple of bin bags which I filled with escallonia, ivy and honeysuckle. It looks so much neater now and there's more room for the children to play. The escallonia needs its top and our side done but that can be done with the hedge trimmer when it's not windy.
I ended the afternoon sitting outside with a coffee watching the waves and reading.

 

No comments: