Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 9 June 2022

Wet and Warm.

Very warm but generally wet today with either showers or a gentle drizzle for most of the day. 
The sea was flat and grey, it could have been a sea of mercury on another planet at least according to my vivid  imagination.
While it is handy to have the tea things out on a tray on the counter I thought I'd try putting everything away. We don't drink tea during the day, just a mug first thing and one more at breakfast for Peter so it seems a bit pointless to take up the space when we don't have that much counter top area. I drink coffee (decaf) through the day which is already kept in the cupboard. It looks tidier and there's more working space when we are cooking.
I'm still thinking about the splashback, should it be a smooth panel of pale duck egg acrylic or should it be white with a hint of green tiles in a herringbone pattern? The acrylic would be easy to clean but might look a bit clinical while the tiles have charm but grout can get grubby. Ideas anyone?
All too soon it was time for our Zoom class, the last class of the academic year. We've learn't a lot but there are four or five more years to go. Of the twelve that started the course I think ten of us will be carrying on in September, same time and same tutor. Our tutor has offered to run a few Zoom chat sessions in the summer and Peter and I will carry on meeting two of our class to go through our course books. And we've still got homework to do.
Although a light drizzle was falling after class I couldn't remain indoors so put on my work clothes and headed out anyway. I dug up another half bucket of narcissi bulbs and planted them in one of the raised beds. I've still got plenty more so I may dig up part of the lawn. I also cut back some of the garden hedge where it was growing out over the raised beds.
In the back garden my second knautia has flowered and this one is pink. I had a red knautia at Dingles and love both the flower and the name. I bought these two at Morrisons, good value at £3 each.


I think this year is going to be 'the year when everyone became poor'. Energy bills up to nearly £2,000 per year, £100 to fill the average family car and food has gone up at least 5% in a year. Every time you go to the supermarket prices have gone up again. All the other bills are going up too as businesses have increased costs. Those on lower incomes are really suffering and that's before people's homes get colder and need heating.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like a countertop free of clutter too. Looks so nice and tidy!!