Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 24 June 2022

Grey.

We were back to shades of grey today. It was still warm but as soon as I put some washing in the machine down came the first of many brief showers.
With the change in the weather I had to abandon my plans to paint the front of the house with sealant. Instead I planned to make some thermal curtains for one of the windows in my study. I got as far as measuring up and selecting a blanket but then I decided that it would be best to wash the blanket first which will have to wait for a good drying day. Having come to a halt on that job I did some baking, peanut butter and chocolate cookies and a large apple and sultana cake. That should keep Peter going for a few weeks. 
This morning Peter spotted a seal swimming nearby and then as I stood out on the terrace watching the seal he called out that he had seen a dolphin as well. In fact it was two dolphins hunting in the shallow water. Some time later we were back out on the terrace with the nephew of the gentleman who lived here before us, when another dolphin came into view. The nephew was on his way back from his annual holiday camping in Snowdonia and he brought a rooted pyracantha cutting. This cutting comes from a plant his mother (sister of the last owner) had given him 25 years ago so it links to the history of this place. I've planted it in the gap in the hedge in the front garden where hopefully it will do well.
Inbetween showers I did some pottering about in the back garden. I planted out a variegated apple mint in the space between two of the raised beds from where it shouldn't be able to escape. A couple of ornamental grasses went into the space left by the removal of some of the foxgloves which means I've almost homed all the plants brought here in pots. 

We had a pretty good sunset last night.

 

No comments: