Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 25 June 2022

Squalls.

It's been a day of bright sun and frequent very heavy showers. The strong winds brought enormous waves much to the joy of the surfers but the disappointment of Peter and his fellow rowers as their mid-day row was cancelled due to the sea conditions.
I put the blanket in to wash over breakfast but I couldn't put it out until the afternoon. Luckily the strong winds blew it dry before the showers returned. In the meantime I busied myself by making a big pot of cabbage and smoked sausage soup. Just the thing for our current weather.
Eventually the rains cleared and I was able to escape out to the garden. There I lifted a couple of the heavy slabs that make up the wide steps leading down to the front garden and cleared out the weeds and montbretia corms that made the steps unsafe. Eventually I will plant aubretia or other low plants in the gaps by the side of the steps. Most of the montbretia was replanted in the next street-side trough but I fear that I'm going to run out of places to put all the montbretia that needs to be moved from under the hydrangeas. I can't take it to the zoo as most plants with bulbs or corms are toxic to a lot of animals.
I also got a few more half-buckets of stones sifted, washed and transported up to the back garden.
I kept an eye out all day for rainbows but only saw one low and pallid rainbow later in the afternoon.
 

No comments: