Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 13 June 2022

Sunny.

More sun and less wind today.
While Peter took another car load of garden trimmings down to the dump I had a day of working outside. First I cleared more montbretia from under the hydrangea bushes and planted up two more troughs by the street wall.
My next task was to mow some paths through this year's wildflower meadow after which I took the electric hedge trimmer to the escallonia. I've tried to get it as low as possible while still blocking out the neighbouring houses.
I've also tried to make it more rounded, like a bush rather than a square cut formal hedge. While I was working in the next door's drive a delivery man came with a parcel for the neighbours. I took it as they aren't there at the moment and sent them a message to say I've got it.
That was a good day's work for me. I ended the day sitting out enjoying the sun and watching a couple of guys on jet skis. One of them kept doing 'wheelies' or whatever the marine equivalent is. If you look closely at the photo you can see the line of yellow buoys that mark off the beach waters. Those chaps weren't sticking to the 4 knot speed limit but with no one else around I don't suppose it matters.


 

No comments: