Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 26 June 2022

Wet.

Cool, windy, grey and wet today. Good for the surfers but rubbish for everyone else.
There was the tiniest patch of blue in the afternoon but barely was it there then it was gone again.
After our breakfast croissants and a double espisode of The Archers I got out the sewing machine and made some thermal curtains for one of the study windows. Or to put it more plainly I cut a clean old blanket in half and stitched gathering tape to each piece before hanging them up behind the unlined curtains. There was a little more to it than that though. First I discovered that I was almost out of white sewing thread. Dim problem, you can buy black and white sewing thread at both the food store and at the gifts and everything handy store. A quick walk down to the shop and I had my thread. I was happily sewing away and wondering why there were so many cat hairs on the blanket when all of a sudden the machine took on a life of its own and continued sewing even though I'd lifted my foot off the pedal. I had to hurridly turn off the machine to stop it from carrying on sewing all over the place. I thought that the old problem had returned and was wondering if it would be worth paying for another repair when I realised that the pedal had slid under the wood table supports which were keeping it pressed down on its own. I solved the cat hair problem by wrapping some masking tape around my hand and going over the back and front of both curtains.

I found this FB video of the Community Gardens to illustrate my Thursday mornings. I recognised most of the faces in the video including my next-door neighbour. Apart from the social aspect of the chat mornings it's a lovely place for a peaceful wander round.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Enjoyed the video and listening to their accents!!
Your weather sounds like ours today.

I like that you call what we call a Demolition Derby, Banger Racing. :) I like yours better as I do a lot of different words. :)
We've been to a few and enjoyed them too.