Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 22 June 2022

Sunny.

Sunshine all the way.
Morning.
I cycled down to the zoo today, still quite wobbly. Peter bought me a rear view mirror but it wasn't a success. Firstly it blocks access to the gear lever and more annoyingly although I angled it to give a good view of any approaching cars the mirror soon sagged giving me no view at all. I may have to go back to using the wrist mirror tomorrow.
I took my hat, a cold drink and most importantly insect repellant spray so I was all organised for a morning of weeding at the zoo. Four hours of weeding gravel was enough for me. I only got half-way along the section but pulling up the bigger weeds gives a satisfying result. Although I was quite near the bantams I didn't have the cockerel crowing in my ear. I did however get my ears blasted by Mr Pea who snuck up behind me before letting out an almighty squawk. That's what happens when you garden in a zoo.
Back home I threw my gardening clothes in the washing machine (they've almost dried out on the line) before sitting on the terrace and doing my Welsh homework.
Talk on the news about another rail strike tomorrow. The government keeps on saying 'We can't afford to pay people more.' but what are people to do? Most people getting income support (welfare) are working full-time but not making enough to provide the basics even by the government's parsimonious calculations. So the tax payers are having to pay to provide the basics for these people while employers continue to pay low wages and make bigger and bigger profits. Is it so radical to expect the management (of the big companies) to pay a decent wage and reduce their profits? Can't you just hear them all claim abject poverty? That is until you look at the actual figures. And don't get me started on the obscene profits being made by companies providing essential services such as fuel and water. Here in Wales the water is owned by the nation but I listened to a radio programme last night about how in England the water companies are cutting the money spent on reducing pollution and infractructure by something like 40-50% while continuing to empty raw sewage into rivers on a regular basis. Better stop ranting now or I'll give myself a headache.
Evening.
 

No comments: