Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 1 December 2022

Chilly.

Some blue skies in the morning, a spell of cold and clammy fog and then mostly cloudy with a hint of pink at sunset.
I may only put up a minimum of Christmas decorations but they still take a while to do. It was only after I'd carefully draped one set of tiny lights on the driftwood tree that I discovered that one of the contacts in the battery box had corroded beyond repair. And that was the set where I had taken out the batteries while the two sets I'd left the batteries still in situ were still working. 
The lights in the window looked lovely in the dark, I know because it was already dark when I walked down to the hall for aerobics.
But before that Peter put up the shelf in the bedroom. The brackets won't be suitable for the longer shelf I want to put up in the study so I need to look for some small but smart brackets on line. I've out put my earring trees on the bedroom shelf. Because it's still bare floorboards with rugs and bits of carpet everything in the bedroom gets very dusty so I've come up with the idea of making covers from plastic bottles. Just need to drink more lemonade.
As usual the middle of the day was taken up with Welsh Zoom class. Today we carried on learning some of the different forms of have got when it relates to owning something. Seven different variations in the present tense and different again if you're asking a question. I think the word of the day had to be computer - cyfrifiadur  (cuv - rriv - ya - dirr) which we all stumbled over when we had to use it in a sentence.
Though cold it was dry in the evening so I walked down to the hall for disco aerobics. I'm beginning to get the hang of the steps even if I sometimes have to abandon trying to co-ordinate the arms. My biggest problem was my knees, the arthritic one in particular. Every dance move involves flexing the knees which I try to do until it gets too painful. I see it as a do or die thing, either my knee will react badly or the muscles will build up and protect the knee. That's the way the physiotherapist encouraged me to keep up my knee exercises which possibly I haven't been doing.
 

No comments: