Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 7 December 2022

Chilly.

Overcast and chilly today.
My Christmas schedule said 'shopping' so into town I went. Morrison's first where I got some marzipan as they didn't have any when Peter went (or maybe he didn't spot it tucked away on a bottom shelf.) I'm not making Christmas cakes this year for the boys as they are a faff to make and decorate while keeping under the weight limit for small parcels and I don't get any feedback. The boys may well be opening the parcels and thinking "Oh no, another Christmas cake." However I shall make a few marzipan chocolates instead. For this year's truffles I got some Bailey's flavoured double cream just to make a change. The price increases are really noticable now. I'm sure I'm spending double what I used to not so long ago. Just two items, toilet paper and cat food (for 40 meals - Speedy's not ours.) came to nearly £25! I struggled to find white chocolate for biscuit decorating, in Lidl and had to compromise and buy the same white chocolate in mini bars at nearly twice the price per 100gms. Still that's better than driving in again when they still might not have any. The shelves were noticably empty of their basic range chocolate, which is still a lot better than the English chocolate sold in other supermarkets. Could be the students stocking up or perhaps people buying cheaper value chocolate to save money?
While we were eating breakfast we saw the coastguard vehicles driving past. As they were in no rush we assumed they were having a cliff climbing training day rather than going out on an actual rescue. They were there all day and didn't leave until late in the afternoon. 
One change to our usual routine was that although the ordinary rubbish and the glass recycling went the other recyling didn't get collected. Driving out to choir this evening I got stuck behind the recycling truck on the main road but it was going away from Borth. Hopefully they will come tomorrow as although the food waste is in plastic caddies the general recycling is in large plastic bags. I'm not letting Speedy out tonight but the seagulls are likely to rip open the bags looking for food. (I'm going to pop out now and put the big plastic box we have for glass recycling over the top of the bag to deter the birds.)
At choir we carried on with the carols and I found my adaptions to the sheet music very helpful. Unfortunately two of the residential homes we were going to sing in can't have us because they've got covid infections but we're going to sing at some other community events instead.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

No what you mean about prices going up. Like that here too!!