Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 18 December 2022

Wet.

No condensation this morning but plenty of rain all day long.
First thing this morning we noticed that the water pressure was low. While Peter looked for a cause I filled the kettle and a small camping water carrier in case the water stopped altogether. A quick check on the local FB page revealed that other people in the village had reduced pressure or no water at all. This was due to a burst pipe in the village but it was being fixed. It's back to normal now.
My plan for the morning was to bake a bara brith which Peter loves making it more festive by adding extra fruit and nuts to the 1lb of mixed fruit that are part of the basic recipe. Imagine my disappointment when I found only the tiniest corner of a walnut in the mix. Okay I was going to pick them out because Peter doesn't like walnuts but that's not the point. I was cross enough at the misleading picture but then I looked at the list of ingredients. The walnuts were supposed to be 25% of the total weight, not in this bag they weren't. Then I weighed the contents and found that instead of 200gms they only weighed 155gms. I've sent off a complaint along with photos to Lidl asking for compensation but I think I'll complain to the Trading Standards office too as being underweight is a serious offence. Food prices are high enough as it is.
Today's walk was cancelled when the forecast was for wet weather. There was an invite to a carol singing party with the walking group but I'm happy to have a rest today. 
More beach icicle photos from Friday.





 

No comments: