Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 4 December 2022

Showers.

At first light this morning to the west the sky was bright blue with fluffy clouds while to the east loomed dark grey clouds. (First thing for me was twinkling stars in a velvety black sky.)
With the wind blowing from the east we were soon engulfed by frequent showers interspersed by rainbows and so it continued all day.
If my words become garbled blame it on a very short night's sleep. I ended up getting up just after 5.00. On the plus side I'd done the morning jobs, got the washing machine going and done my Duo Lingo all before breakfast. The washing ended up having to be hung up in the utility room though I got a sheet out on the line long enough for the wind to blow it half dry.
After breakfast I had another try at fixing the dehumidifier, after all I couldn't make it any worse. Although there was nothing in the diagrams or the maintainance section of the manual there was mention of cleaning the filter at the back of the unit. I undid every screw I could see and removed the cover only to find that the filter was just a bit of sponge glued to the grille. I blew on the workings to remove any possible dust, replaced the cover and hoped I'd done the equivalent of 'turn it off and on again' but nope, even though the light was on the motor never fired up. Time to buy a new dehumidifier.
I decided not to go on the walk today as it was 25 miles down the coast. If it had been in Snowdonia I wouldn't have minded driving that distance but otherwise no.
In the afternoon I baked some lemon shortbread biscuits. They'll go in the freezer along with the other biscuits. Once the clearing up was done it was time to do the ironing. 
Peter got fed up with the slowness of our internet so he ran a speed test (don't ask me what the numbers were I just know it was slow), spoke to Sky and it appears our hub was partially fried by recent lightning. An engineer is coming to sort it on Tuesday. 
A different rainbow - I wonder if the swimmer was looking for the pot of gold?

 

No comments: