Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 6 December 2022

Cold.


More sunny spells today but the air felt a lot colder especially in the shade. 
First thing this morning the Sky engineers arrived to see what they could do about our slow internet speed. The upshot is that the hub has been replaced and instead of being out in the hall by the front door has been moved to my study. At first they were going to leave it on top of my desk but apart from being in my eye line it would be in danger of getting knocked backwards and off my desk which doesn't sit flush to the wall. Instead the hub is safely tucked away on the floor. 
I suppose I could have cycled down to the zoo but I took the easy option and drove. Once there I spent a happy three hours extending the large woodchip area. At last that job is done. Plenty more weeds elsewhere. By the time I finished it was too cloudy for photos and at the moment the zoo is very brown and muddy anyway. The avaian flu regulations have come into force so Mr Pea is not allowed to run free. Also the turkeys have had netting laid over the top of their run to prevent wild birds from mixing with them. This made me smile - the pygmy goats had recently had a top up of fresh hay. A couple of them had their backs covered with bits of hay from standing below the manger while other goats pulled the hay and another goat was busy licking up all those tasty morsels from her companion's back.
Before I left I was asked to feed the pigs. Not exactly the most strenuous of jobs as all I had to do was take a tub of chopped vegetables, mainly carrots, and throw them over the fence into the mud. I made sure to give them three separate piles to save them fighting. I would not have wanted to go into the run with them as they are very strong and have a nasty bite. 
By the time I got home it was sunny again so I went up the hill to the memorial to take a few pictures. You can't really call it a walk when it was so close and the house still visible but the views are good. Just a shame it was all in the very cold shade until I got to the top.

Beyond those hills is where we went on Friday so not really that high up. I'm blogging early as it's nearly time to walk down for Pilates.

No comments: