Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 28 December 2022

Wet.

Rain, rain and more rain today with the briefest of sunny spells.
The excitement of the day was putting out the rubbish. It was the scheduled general rubbish and glass for recycling but unfortunately the weekly food waste and other recyclables collection has been postponed until next week. Not so good right after Christmas. 
We had another quiet day. I did some more knitting while keeping half an eye on the waves and an ear on the tv (Saving Lives at Sea, real rescues by lifeboat crews.) To stop the soft wool slipping off the small double ended needles I've resorted to clipping the sections on each needle with clothes pegs which works well. There were a few surfers out and a kite surfer for a while but I think the conditions were too rough.
We had a delivery today of a box of presents from Romas and Laura. It's quite nice to open presents in this quiet time after the Christmas festivities. Included were these fun slipper socks which should keep my toes toasty in the evenings.

I've been amusing myself by labelling useful places in the village. There's just about everything we need here though I could easily swap one of the pubs for a library. However it is only 7 miles to town and the National Library of Wales.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

We finally had a sunny day and quite warm at 40 F.
Those slipper socks look toasty warm.