Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 26 December 2022

Windy.

Mostly sunny today with rain looming and quite cold and windy.
I'm not having a brilliant day today. A couple of days ago I reached up to get something and that set my costochondritis (rib cartilage inflammation) off. I didn't get much sleep last night and have been awake since 4.30 this morning. Painkillers don't have a lot of effect but icecream helps. Strange but true. I don't know if it's just a psychological thing or if the cold icecream going down my trachea blocks the nerve messages from the ribs. Luckily I had bought some icecream as a Christmas treat as I haven't had any at all this year. I like icecream but I find it easier to cut something out altogether rather than reduce the amount I have. I was so sleepy when I did my Duo Lingo before 7.00 I'm surprised I managed to get through it but I did. For the rest of the day I've been plodding on from one small task to another and I'll have to refrain from going to the zoo tomorrow.
(Photo by Chris Denny). Look at all these brave people going in for the traditional Boxing Day dip.
More time has been spent looking at cameras on line. An expert friend has been giving me some good advice and I'm down to choosing between a couple of models but it's still a chore. The nearest camera shop is in Shrewsbury, 75 miles away but that only has one of the models. There is a Curry's in town which can also get me the same camera at the same price but I wouldn't get a sales assistant who knows about cameras and Currys has a poor reputation for customer service if there's a problem. There are a couple of places on line selling it cheaper but then what guarentees will I have?
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I shiver just looking at those people in the water!!
The wind here has FINALLY died down.